31 Reasons Why You Should Use Turmeric
There are a few grand ingredients that I love and that I must never run out of. Coconut Oil, my essential oils, rose water, and turmeric! If you haven’t used this superfood miracle, I am sure that you have at least heard of it. Turmeric comes from the southeastern region of Asia and India in a beautiful flowering plant of the ginger family. Even though I love a good curry with lot of spice, there are so many other fantastic reasons and ways to incorporate Turmeric into your routine for healthy glowing skin and optimal health. I found about 120,000… but I decided to cut that down to 31 so that you would continue to read my blog. 😏 *nervous laugh*
Why You Should Use Turmeric
- Superfood that heals/fixes about everything
- Comes from the ginger family (another amazing superfood!)
- Contains circumin which is an antioxidant and anti inflammatory
- Reduces inflammation and soothes skin leaving no trace of it behind
Fact: most skin issues are due to inflammation
- Anti bacterial- fights cancer and disease (especially skin cancer and stomach cancer)
- Reduces skin redness and irritation
- Gets rid of acne and its scars!
- Heals wounds (like acne scars and skin damage)
- Gets rid of eczema and psoriasis!
- Brings your skin back to a natural glow
- Boosts your immune system
- Boost memory
- Fights diabetes and heart disease
- Anti aging
- Reverses sun damage
- Whitens teeth
- Promotes hair growth
- Lowers cholesterol levels
- Promotes weight loss
- Soothes the stomach
- Improves digestion and natural bowel movements
- Relieve aching muscles and joints
- Find it in any grocery store in the spice aisle
- Sprinkle a little on your toothbrush with your toothpaste for an extra whitening boost. Will stain your toothbrush. Set aside toothbrush only for this treatment.
- You can also mix turmeric with baking soda and a bit of coconut oil to make your own paste. Will stain your toothbrush. Set aside toothbrush only for this treatment.
- Use my face mask recipe for glowing skin, acne blasting, and scar soothing super power.
- Use our Lemon poppy Pearl exfoliator which contains just a dash of turmeric to deeply clean your pores and restore glowing skin in just one use! P.S. the turmeric amount in Pearl will not stain your skin 🙂
- Use it to spice your food. It is delicious on chicken, rice, eggs, vegetables, your morning smoothie, of course curry, soup, hummus, or even sprinkled on salads.
- Add 1 tsp to your deep conditioner and massage in to promote hair growth. Avoid if you have blonde or light colored hair!!!!
- Make a turmeric paste from turmeric and aloe vera gel to relieve severe itching. Leave the paste on until itching subsides and then wash off. Choose a towel that you don’t mind getting stained with its golden hues
How do you use Turmeric?
Shop This Blog Post